- Local News
City looks at upping waste service fees
CLINTON -- Clinton residents could soon pay $1.39 more for their solid waste services monthly as city officials find ways to shore up the solid waste fund.Continued ...
- Second TIF district eyed
- Prospect Avenue questions to be answered
- Union Pacific routes money back into community
- Head out on the highway
- City looks at upping waste service fees
Waterlogged: Covering the stadium bills recommended
CLINTON — The city of Clinton is considering covering more than $10,000 in bills relating to water damage at Ashford University Field.Continued ...
- Some not wild about hogs
- Captain, crew thankful for Clinton's hospitality
- Bluegrass festival launches more plans
- Waterlogged: Covering the stadium bills recommended
Queens nearly nip Wildcats
CLINTON -- In every conceivable way, there was seemingly no chance Clinton would bounce back from a 12-0 opening loss to Davenport North in Mondya's doubleheader. The first game lasted less than an hour; the Wildcats cranked two home runs in one inniContinued ...
- 5 L'Kings gearing up for Dayton
- There's something about Mary for former CHS standout Douglas
- River Kings dump Midland
- River Bend hires new girls coach
- Queens nearly nip Wildcats
Facebook's organ donor status sends registrations soaring
Facebook's addition of a way for its users to tell people their organ-donor status helped boost the number of people who registered as donors 21-fold in one day.Continued ...
- Putting a healthy spin on the popular fish taco
- Dishing up trash: New look for sustainable seafood
- Consumers' desire for local, organic food drives online grocery business
- Facebook's organ donor status sends registrations soaring
THE HERALD'S OPINION: Good job, Clinton City Council
It's been a long road, but the city of Clinton is just a few signatures away from having a permanent city administrator in place.Continued ...
- LEVINE: There is plenty to do in Gateway area this summer
- Reader happy with Rowland's no vote
- Easton Valley board is right to fight whole grade-sharing agreement
- Project ordinances should have end dates
- THE HERALD'S OPINION: Good job, Clinton City Council
- CNHI News Service Originals
Caught on tape: Fla. teacher accused of beating autistic child
A surveillance video shows David Baier, a former special needs teacher in Davie, Fla., picking up a 12-year-old autistic student by his hair and then pushing him to the floor.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Apple unveils new MacBook Air with improved battery life
- VIDEO: Jeep pool jump is an epic fail
- Motorist asks if arrest ruins chance to be a cop
- VIDEO: Gov't collecting Verizon phone records
- Caught on tape: Fla. teacher accused of beating autistic child
- AP Story Section
Niabi Zoo lions set to get new $3 million home
The three lions at Coal Valley's Niabi Zoo are getting a new, $3 million home.Continued ...
- Flood buyouts could cost millions extra
- Ex-Iowa teacher receives prison for sexual contact
- New goal: Make processed foods look more natural
- Blast at Iowa plant injures 3, 1 critically
- Niabi Zoo lions set to get new $3 million home