Local towns slightly affected by water woes
Mississippi River flood levels have been moderate after an active May, but area cities have prepared themselves for what could happen from a rain-heavy month.
Camanche juniors take 2nd in 1A doubles
Kylie Vogel and Lindsey Grams, a pair of juniors at Camanche High School, lost a pair of heartbreaking sets and finished second in doubles Friday at the Iowa Class 1A girls tennis state tournament.
- Camanche remembers sacrifices of soldiers CAMANCHE -- Members of the Camanche community filled the Camanche High School gymnasium Monday morning to honor veterans who have sacrificed themselves for their country. "It's because of their resolve that were are able to enjoy the lives we live to
Clean play key for Camanche
Camanche limited its mistakes and took advantage for a 4-2 win against Clinton on Friday, giving coach Erin Schlotfeldt a win in her debut as coach.
- Council wants to keep city clear of eyesores CAMANCHE -- Property owners along Washington Boulevard will receive letters from the city of Camanche about keeping the area looking nice. Councilman Gary Kampe said there are some areas along the newly constructed roadway that have a lot of junk sit
Committee looking for new Camanche City Hall location
A committee has agreed to look at alternative locations for Camanche City Hall.
Camanche committee meets tonight
A committee will meet again tonight to consider Camanche City Hall's future.
- Striding for awareness CAMANCHE -- Organizers for the third annual Strides for Clinton County Autism Family Walk and 5K run agreed that Saturday's turnout was better than last year. "It's getting bigger every year," Lori Bigwood, one of the organizers for the event, said.
Camanche boys, Northeast girls win track titles
Camanche and Northeast both enjoyed good days on the track in boys and girls competition at state-qualifying meets, with the Camanche boys winning the title and Northeast's girls tying for top honors.
- Camanche man sentenced in kidnapping case CLINTON -- A Camanche man will serve as much as 20 years in prison for holding his wife at knifepoint on July 7, 2012. In April, Arthur Walker, 52, 4102 Ninth St., Camanche, pleaded guilty to third-degree kidnapping, third-degree sexual abuse and wil
- More Camanche Headlines
- Local towns slightly affected by water woes