• The Clinton Art Association's annual membership show is now on display at the River Arts Center through Dec. 23. The public is welcome to visit the center at 229 Fifth Ave. South.
• Eagle Point Park is home to the Symphony of Lights display. The light display will be up and running through Dec. 30 with numerous special events in between. Symphony of Lights runs 6 to 9 p.m. and costs $7 per car up to 10 people and $2 per person for vehicles of more than 10 people.
• The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train will arrive at the Clinton Sawmill Museum between 4:15 and 4:45 p.m. There will be hot cider, hot chocolate and cookies. Bring food donations in conjunction with Freezin’ For Food. Fireworks will follow.
Musical entertainment will be provided by the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train.
• The Friends of the Rock Creek’s Holiday Tree Jubilee at the Mississippi River Eco Tourism Center, 3942 291st St., will be held from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
A silent auction of decorated trees, wreaths and baskets are available. Natural ornament classes will begin at 6 p.m. Santa also will be there. The event also continues Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Area schools also will sing Christmas carols.
There is free admission and free refreshments.
• Jingle Bell Jam from 5 to 8 p.m. at Eagle Point Park.
• “Oh Christmas Tree” — Fulton’s downtown Christmas Walk from 5 to 7:30 p.m. display and silent auction for 30-plus decorated trees at Masonic Lodge and the arts and crafts show at the River Bend Senior Center will be held Friday and Saturday.
A live Nativity with animals and a 2 Mile Run/Walk will be held at 6:30 p.m. at Manny’s Too.
• Fun Time Friday begins at 10 a.m. at the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center. There will be a presentation given by Krysten McLarnan called “Recycled Christmas.” Fun Time Fridays are geared for preschoolers and their parents, grandparents, or caregivers.
Family Date Night also will be held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. This monthly event offers families a time to come learn, explore and play at the Children's Discovery Center. Friday night's theme will be "Christmas Stories."
Families can listen to readings by special guests, make Christmas crafts, and enjoy a supper together. On the menu will be chicken alphabet soup provided by Old Town Family Restaurant.
• The Clinton Symphony Orchestra will host a concert at 7:30 p.m. at Vernon Cook Theater at Clinton High School. Clinton Symphony Orchestra will be joined by RiverChor in this celebration of the season.
• Christmas for Kids will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church, 656 Fifth Ave. South, Clinton, from 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Registration begins at 8:45 a.m.
Children age 4 through fifth grade are invited to attend. Bible lessons, videos, crafts and music will reflect the theme "From Heaven Above to Earth I Come." Snacks and a pizza lunch will be provided.
The program is free. Contact the church office at 242- 5328 for more information.
• The annual Christmas open house at the George Curtis Mansion will be from 1 to 3 p.m at 420 Fifth Ave. South. There will be no charge to view the first floor of the home but a donation can be made in the dining room where cookies, punch and coffee will be available.
The complete tour of the three floors by a tour guide will be $6 per person. Nuts and chocolate covered nuts will again be for sale on the first floor.
• Santa at Eagle Pont Park Lodge from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Family Winter Fun at Soaring Eagle Nature Center at 1 p.m.