Irish's Evers advances to district golf meet
Connor Evers of Prince of Peace placed third Friday at the Iowa Class 1A Calamus Sectional golf tournament, giving him a spot in the district meet with hopes of qualifying for state.
In the water's wake: Library works to be fully operational after recent flood damage
CLINTON — In the three weeks since the Clinton Public Library basement was flooded, city and library staff have been working to repair the damage, but the fixes are far from being complete and the Root Cellar remains closed.
Suspicious package stalls Walmart shoppers
Walmart customers and employees were evacuated from the store Thursday night because of a potential homemade bomb.
Two men plan to start Clinton taxi services
CLINTON — Ride-seekers in the Gateway area soon will have two taxicab operations to get them to their destination.
UPDATED: Former employee sentenced in Ashford theft
A deferred judgment was granted to a former Ashford University employee who stole more than $62,000.
- PHOTOS: Walmart evacuated after suspicious package discovered The Walmart store in Clinton was evacuated following the discovery of a suspicious package Thursday around 6:15 p.m. The item was described as looking like a homemade bomb in the manager's office. Shoppers were allowed back in the store approximately 30 minutes later. More in tomorrow's Herald.
- Picketers take stand near future school site CLINTON -- Members of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters picketed the Clinton Middle School construction site on Wednesday; an act that the local project manager and Quad Cities Builders Association is calling illegal. Hundreds of carpenters with
- CAST gearing up for shows, season of education CLINTON -- While many are aware the Clinton Area Showboat has been providing professional summer stock theater for many years, organizers say that what is perhaps less commonly known is that one of the non-profit CAST organization's goals is to share
'Past is the Past ...'
CLINTON -- Kirk Ferentz has joined fans in labeling his team's 2012 season "disappointing." The Hawkeyes -- 4-8 last year -- lost six straight to finish near the bottom of the Big Ten Conference, missing bowl season for the first time in five seasons.
- Clearing the air CLINTON -- Smoking in city parks could become a thing of the past as city officials work on a phased-in plan to make some parks and city-run activities smoke free. During the Rules and Regulations Committee meeting Tuesday, members of the Let's Liv
- More Clinton Headlines
- Irish's Evers advances to district golf meet