- Settling sewer bills: City moving toward plan to collect delinquent commercial bills CLINTON — Business owners jeopardize their ability to operate if they don't pay their sewer bills, Rules and Regulations Committee members decided Tuesday. The city grants a certificate of occupancy or, in the case of an apartment complex, a rental c
A classic opening: Showroom to feature muscle cars, Corvettes
CLINTON — A showroom of vintage muscle cars and Corvettes will welcome drivers crossing the north bridge starting this July. Mike Van Buer, 50, long-time owner of Van Buer Insurance, purchased the neighboring former Second Street Cleaners at 1830 N.
County officials head down path of creating more jail space
CLINTON — Clinton County Jail Administrator Craig Eberhart says the biggest problem the jail faces is space.
Clinton woman injured in motorcycle accident
A Clinton woman was injured Monday afternoon when she was ejected from her motorcycle after it struck a car.
- RSVP's Meyer to receive Human Rights Award CLINTON -- The Clinton Human Rights Commission has announced that Tammy Meyer of RSVP has been selected to receive the ninth annual Clinton Human Rights Commission Award. This award is an "Acknowledgement of persons/groups who embody the spirit of h
CCC graduation is May 13
CLINTON -- Clinton Community College will host the 65th commencement ceremony Monday, May 13, at W. J. Yourd Gymnasium beginning at 6 p.m.
- Ashford Students Celebrate Graduation Day CLINTON -- Ashford University graduates from across the country flocked to Clinton on Saturday to celebrate their academic accomplishments. An estimated 1,600 graduates plus approximately 8,000 guests traveled to the Clinton and Quad-City area for
- River lands on EPA report CLINTON -- The Environmental Protection Agency recently approved Iowa's list of impaired waterways. The Wapsipincion River and Mississippi River were mentioned in the list. The Mississippi River extending from south of Camanche to just north of Clint
- Fit Pro expands business with move into new location CLINTON -- After years of motivating clients to meet their fitness goals, Joe and Jewel Howard have reached one of their own: expanding their business. The Clinton couple owns Fitness Professionals 360, which will open in the former Mr. Movies build
Law Day: Award recognizes longtime service
A Clinton man known for his leadership and dedication to the community was honored on Friday with the Clinton County Bar Association's Liberty Bell award.
- More Clinton Headlines