Retail sales figures vex local leaders
A study examining retail activity showed declining sales in Clinton County from fiscal year 2012.
Klompen all around: Dutch Days kicks off on Friday
FULTON, Ill. — Dutch Days will once again showcase the heritage of the Dutch this weekend, and this year organizers are focusing on church history.
- Clinton drenched from the April rain CLINTON --What a difference a year makes. April almost became a record-breaking month this year, but in a much different way than last year's spring months. The area's rainfall amounted to the second wettest April since record-keeping began in 1878.
- Iowa American seeks 19 percent rate increase CLINTON -- Iowa American Water is asking the Iowa Utilities Board for an increase in water rates. Letters were distributed to customers this week alerting residents of the proposed rate hike of an average 19.4 percent for residential customers. The
- Clinton store to offer free comic books on Saturday CLINTON — Mari Metzger will attempt to achieve two goals this weekend at Tiney's Comics. Her store is participating in its third free comic book day Saturday, and Metzger is hoping for bigger crowds in order for her to spread awareness for comic boo
- Ceiling collapse displaces residents CLINTON -- Miller Ridge Apartment officials are working with the city of Clinton to remedy safety issues in the complex after the ceilings collapsed in Building 14, displacing 20 people. The incident occurred Thursday, April 18 when water from a he
- Concert series announced CLINTON -- Officials with Finally Friday at the River have announced the summer schedule for the concert series. Keep Off the Grass and Midnight Ramble will start off the summer on Friday, June 7. Keep Off the Grass was voted the best Quad-Cities ban
County officials to study jail's future needs
CLINTON — Aware of the current jail's inadequacies, Clinton County officials hope a needs assessment study will shed light on what they need to have a suitable county correctional facility.
- YWCA sponsoring trip to Cubs vs. Cardinals game CLINTON -- The YWCA will host a bus trip to watch the Chicago Cubs play the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday, May 8. Trip price is $58 for YWCA members and $60 for community members. Trip price includes chartered coach and ticket to the game. The ch
- Burning it up? Know the rules CLINTON -- In an effort to maintain safety and air quality, Clinton residents are reminded of the city's burning regulations. Open burning is allowed only on lots of one acre or larger, with four or less dwelling units. For all others, the only all
- More Clinton Headlines
- Retail sales figures vex local leaders