• “Dream Big: Read,” this year’s summer reading program, is hosted by the Clinton County Association of Public Libraries. Programs are free and open to the public.
Programs will be at the Ericksen Community Center, 1401 11th Ave. North, Calamus-Wheatland High School, 110 E. Park Road, Lost Nation Public Library, 410 Main St., DeWitt Community Center, 716 Sixth Ave., and the Clinton County Fairgrounds in DeWitt.
• The Clintonish Knitters meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Enter the east entrance from the parking lot and go upstairs, follow the signs.
• Weekly tours of Lock and Dam 13 in Fulton, Ill., are under way. The weekly Lock and Dam tours will take place every Sunday from Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend at 1 p.m.
The tours will cover a brief history of the Mississippi River and the purpose of Locks and Dams along the river. All participants must wear closed toed shoes to attend the full lock tour.
• The next “Fun After 5” RAGBRAI countdown celebration will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Candlelight Inn’s lower patio. A $15 ticket buys beverages and hor d’oeuvres.
RAGBRAI T-shirts also will be available for purchase. Ron Tegeler also will provide entertainment.
• Sunset Cruise at 7 p.m. Rock Creek Marina and Campground, Camanche.
• Nature Night Hike at 9 p.m. at Eden Valley Refuge in Baldwin.
• Early Bird Cruise at 9 a.m. at Rock Creek Marina and Campground in Camanche.
• The Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center will host Felix Adler Days from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• The Clinton Area Showboat Theatre interns will perform “Ivan the Terrier” at noon at the Showboat.
• Nature Center Open from 1 to 4 p.m. at Eden Valley Refuge in Baldwin. The center features live local reptiles, rocks and minerals, Iowa habitats and artifacts.
• Backwater canoe float at 1 p.m. at Rock Creek Marina and Campground in Camanche.
• Saturday Night At the Movies at 6 p.m. at Rock Creek Marina and Campground in Camanche.
• The Clinton LumberKings will host LumberStock 2012. The event will be held at Ashford University Field at 5 p.m. The pre-July 4th event will include a bags tournament, car show and a free concert.
• Full Moon Float, 9 p.m., Rock Creek Marina & Campground, Camanche. Join a naturalist for this peaceful, family oriented trip through the quiet backwaters of the Upper Mississippi Wildlife Refuge. Paddling gear is free. People using their own gear must be equipped with legal running lights, a center 360-degree white light, flash light and whistle. Meet at the new Mississippi River Eco-tourism Center. Participation is limited. Call (563) 847-7202 to register.
• Sunset Cruise, 7 p.m., Rock Creek Marina & Campground, Camanche. Every Thursday evening through October, the conservation board will be offering naturalist-guided eco cruises aboard the Blue Heron pontoon boat on the Mississippi River. Call 259-1876 to reserve a spot.
- Things to do Ongoing •?Clintonish Knitters meet Thursdays from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and Saturdays between 9 and noon. There is no fee for this group. Stitchers share techniques and the love of knitting or crocheting. Meetings are at Clinton's St Paul's Lutheran Church
SLIDESHOW: Dutch Days festival
Much-anticipated rain held off Saturday for the annual Dutch Days festival in Fulton, Ill., which was celebrating its 39th year of highlighting Dutch heritage.
- Concert series announced CLINTON -- Officials with Finally Friday at the River have announced the summer schedule for the concert series. Keep Off the Grass and Midnight Ramble will start off the summer on Friday, June 7. Keep Off the Grass was voted the best Quad-Cities ban
- Rob Parton Big Band on stage in DeWitt DEWITT -- The Central Performing Arts Center and Iowa Mutual Insurance Company of DeWitt Iowa are hosting a performance of Rob Parton Big Band "Then and Now," with DeWitt native Kristy Smith Parton. The evening of jazz will begin at 7 p.m. April 27.
- Things to Do Things to do Ongoing • The Left Bank Art League of East Moline, Ill., will exhibit at the River Arts Center in Clinton through April 21. The paintings and raku pottery of these nine artists, Sheryl Lammers, Pat Halvorsen, Rose Moore, Judy O. Gray, Bo
Leadership Institute to promote June events
The 2013 class of the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Institute is embarking on an aggressive marketing campaign to inform the community of the abundant events that take place in Clinton and the surrounding areas.
- Things to do Ongoing • The Left Bank Art League of East Moline, Ill., will be exhibiting at the River Arts Center in Clinton through April 21. The paintings and raku pottery of these nine dedicated artists, Sheryl Lammers, Pat Halvorsen, Rose Moore, Judy O. Gray,
Communities to host Easter egg hunts this weekend
Easter treats won’t be hard to find this weekend in Fulton, Ill., and Camanche.
Things to do
The Clinton Community College Alumni Association will host a trivia contest at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the CCC auditorium.
Things to do
The 32nd annual 4-mile Easter Seals/Children’s Therapy Center Run/Fun walk is March 24.
- More Entertainment Headlines