Herald Staff Report
A music festival this weekend will raise funds for multiple sclerosis.
Don and Marcia Tegeler will host the second annual Tegeler Music Festival on Saturday and Sunday. The event, featuring 21 local bands, will be held from 3:30 to 10 p.m. Saturday and from noon to 9 p.m. Sunday at the bandshell in Clinton.
Each band will play for 30 minutes. Admission is free, with donations accepted at the gate, and all monies collected will be given to help fight MS. A beer tent and food will be available.
The festival started last year when Marcia’s sister Lori had been diagnosed with MS.
“For me the first thing I felt was concern for Lori and of course immediately after that I felt upset that this had to happen to her,” Don said. “She truly is one of the kindest, most friendly people you would ever want to meet and for this to happen to her just seemed to be amazingly unfair.”
Since the news struck at around Labor Day last year, Don decided to host a concert to help raise money and support live music.
“The goal from that point was to hold a concert once a year in the effort to raise money for a worthwhile charity,” Don said. “Marcia and I are both hoping that the benefit concert will become a popular annual event where we can do our part to keep the art of live music strong in our community and raise money for some folks that need help as well.”
For more information, log on to www.tegelermusic.com/events.
• 3:30 p.m. — Axel Bundys
• 4:15 p.m. — No Sugar Tonight *
• 5 p.m. — Josh & the Spheres *
• 5:45 p.m. — Ron Tegeler Jazz Experience *
• 6:30 p.m. — Manic Depressive Teddy Bears
• 7:15 p.m. — Johnny Scum
• 8 p.m. — Levi Fraley
• 8:45 p.m. — Down 24
• 9:30 p.m. — Coupe De-ville
* — Band names subject to change.
• Noon — The Psalm Singers
• 12:45 p.m. — Josiah Project
• 1:30 p.m. — Kindred Kama
• 2:15 p.m. — Dan Peart Band
• 3 p.m. — Creamery Road
• 3:45 p.m. — John June Year
• 4:30 p.m. — Johnny Outlaw
• 5:15 p.m. — Smokin Roachez
• 6 p.m. — 11th hour
• 6:45 p.m. — Slough Buoys
• 7:30 p.m. — Unidynes
• 8:15 p.m. — Todd Striley & The Noise
• 8:45 p.m. — Trophy presentation/final tally.