SLIDESHOW: 13 hot jobs for 2013
Check out the top 13 jobs for this year according to Randstad, a global staffing organization.
- Okla. front pages capture tornado aftermath View how several Oklahoma newspapers covered Monday's massive tornado in Moore. Please note that officials revised the death toll downward early Tuesday morning after some papers were printed, but it is expected to climb again as recovery efforts continue.
- Striding for awareness CAMANCHE -- Organizers for the third annual Strides for Clinton County Autism Family Walk and 5K run agreed that Saturday's turnout was better than last year. "It's getting bigger every year," Lori Bigwood, one of the organizers for the event, said.
- Nancy Holt CAMANCHE -- Nancy Holt, 65, of Camanche, had a port placed in her chest this week to facilitate weekly plasma infusions. She said this is the best way to treat Alpha-1. For the past few years, Nancy's health has been declining. At the same time, her
- Students honored at ceremony CLINTON -- Seventy-four students from Clinton High School's class of 2013 were honored Thursday during the 27th annual senior honors convocation. The class of 2013 has taken more Advanced Placement tests and has earned some of the highest scores on
- Group eyes bandshell improvement CLINTON -- A group of Clinton volunteers wants to transform the Riverview bandshell from an unkempt structure to an attractive venue for community events. Members of Vision 8, a Clinton-based nonprofit organization working together to improve the ima
- Cool Streak Snapped CLINTON -- It didn't take long for the Gateway-area to bust out of a recent cool streak that extended through the weekend. In fact, the swing temperature was record-breaking. Tuesday's high of 93 degrees broke a record high from 1932. The temperature
- Bidding farewell CLINTON -- For the first time in 55 years, Mark Kapusinski will not have a first day of school to anticipate. The Clinton vocal music teacher is retiring after 29 years with the Clinton School District. His wife Nancy also is retiring. With 22 years
- Growing Together CLINTON -- Apartment dwellers and those with small yards can still rent plots in Clinton's community garden. The community garden, located at the corner of 13th Avenue North and North 14th Street, was tilled Wednesday for the planting season. Kelli
A road block to businesses?
Camanche Avenue is expected to open Clinton to a bevy of new business and economic activity, but some business owners along the torn-up highway say the construction that started last April has nearly led them to close.
In the water's wake: Library works to be fully operational after recent flood damage
CLINTON — In the three weeks since the Clinton Public Library basement was flooded, city and library staff have been working to repair the damage, but the fixes are far from being complete and the Root Cellar remains closed.
- More Features Headlines