- High School Sports
- Queens win rainy battle with Burlington CLINTON -- Days after recovering from an illness, Clinton goalkeeper Hannah Dehner delivered possibly her best performance yet in the 2013 season. The River Queens took down Mississippi Athletic Conference foe Burlington 1-0 on Thursday night in a ra
- Knights overcome Kings CLINTON -- For 79 minutes, the Clinton boys played shutout soccer against Davenport Assumption on Tuesday night. It was the two goals that came within a minute of each other in the first half that ultimately gave the Knights the edge. Assumption's Ja
- River Queens remain on top ELDRIDGE -- Pressure intensified as Gabby Haan and Jordan Nelson started play for the No. 2 doubles title Tuesday afternoon at the Mississippi Athletic Conference girls tennis meet. Their Clinton High team needed just one more win to clinch a second
- The best for last GOOSE LAKE -- Will Seeser is the last athlete to cross the finish line a Big East champion. At Northeast High School, the final race -- ever -- in the Big East saw Camanche's 1,600-meter relay team pull ahead, then fall behind, then slowly close the
- Panthers run away with conference crown MORRISON, Ill. -- On one of the first beautiful days of the spring season, Morrison High School played host to the Three Rivers Conference Girls Track and Field Conference Meet on Monday night. These same conference teams met up at Fulton just three
- High-seeded Clinton flat in MAC CLINTON -- As long as the rain held off, the Mississippi Athletic Conference tennis tournament was going to happen. Even with his team tied for first place after day 1, Thursday's unfavorable conditions yielded only slightly favorable results for Cli
- Poor weather, strong showing for Clinton MUSCATINE -- Thursday's Mississippi Athletic Conference boys track meet had "all the bad makings," according to Clinton coach Tony Smith. Through pouring rain, high winds and frigid temperatures, Smith said the River Kings needed to toughen up mental
Youth movement: Girls track and field
DAVENPORT -- With eyes on the future, June Wilden and her assistant coaches on the Clinton High girls track team decided to forgo potential points in varsity competition and make the night as successful as could be at the sophomore level at Thursday’s Mississippi Athletic Conference meet.
Tiebreaker wins widen Queens' margin
RIVERDALE -- Aided by three victories in super tiebreakers, Clinton defeated Pleasant Valley 8-1 on Tuesday in a girls tennis matchup of two of the top teams in the Mississippi Athletic Conference.
- On the Right Track CLINTON - A glance at the Steamer Invitational results from Fulton is to scan typical track agate. In the girls events, Erie/Prophetstown, Riverdale and Clinton claimed the top three team prizes; eight other teams rounded out the standings. Near the
- More High School Sports Headlines