- High School Sports
- Bulldogs score big over Clinton CLINTON -- A deep Bettendorf lineup was on display Monday night in Clinton. During Game 2 of the Mississippi Athletic Conference softball doubleheader between the Bulldogs and River Queens, a 10-run fifth inning was punctuated by a Sarah Kennedy gran
VIDEOS: Girls tennis team, Rasche honored by school board
The Clinton High School girls tennis team was honored Monday night by the Clinton School Board for its recent state championship win.
- Home runs give Kings a split BETTENDORF -- Cody Collender doesn't head to the plate thinking home run. But, he certainly doesn't mind enjoying them. Collender hit a pair of homers in the second game Monday, including a go-ahead three-run shot in a six-run third inning, as Clinto
- Rebels fall in 7th to Clinton CLINTON -- Clinton and Northeast took a tie game to the seventh inning, 3-3, Saturday afternoon in high school baseball. But, with three home runs, the River Kings put the game out of reach on a six-run final inning, winning 9-3. Cody Collender, Nath
- Northeast back to its winning ways CALAMUS -- Northeast got back to its winning ways Saturday, taking three games in an eight-team softball tournament hosted by Calamus-Wheatland. The event also featured Camanche and Bellevue, both teams earning a win. After falling to 5-5 earlier in
Irish record sweep for first baseball wins
Prince of Peace recorded a 12-0 shutout for its first win of the baseball season Friday, then followed up with a come-from-behind 10-7 win in the second game for a doubleheader sweep of Cedar Valley Christian at Ashford University Field.
- A switch and a sweep CLINTON -- Thursday night's baseball match-up between the Camanche Indians and the Prince of Peace Irish saw a last-minute change of venue from Ashford University Field to Camanche's field. The change worked out well for Camanche in both ends of the
- CHS takes two with 'walk-off' win CLINTON -- Halee Vicks just wanted to be done with it. In Game 2 of a Mississippi Athletic Conference doubleheader with Davenport Central, the Clinton pitcher mounted a 10-4 lead going into the fifth inning. It was beginning to look like a rough day
- Indians top Queens, 6-0 CAMANCHE -- They did it once, so they figured why not do it again? Camanche beat Clinton for the second time Wednesday evening in high school softball, shutting out the River Queens 6-0 in the rematch on its home field. "The kids like to compete agai
- More than an exhibition LANARK, Ill. -- No one forced 33 senior athletes onto the Eastland High court Tuesday night. Even though the Illinois high school basketball season ended almost three months ago, seniors from Fulton, Fulton Unity Christian, West Carroll and Morrison
- More High School Sports Headlines