Benefits of exercise go beyond weight loss
Exercise is good for you, but have you ever stopped to ask yourself why? The answers are varied and may not be as obvious as you might think.
How to eat for $1.50 a day
Could you eat on $1.50 a day?
- Concert series announced CLINTON -- Officials with Finally Friday at the River have announced the summer schedule for the concert series. Keep Off the Grass and Midnight Ramble will start off the summer on Friday, June 7. Keep Off the Grass was voted the best Quad-Cities ban
Ditch the flowers, go with these cool Mother's Day gifts
Instead of buying your mom a generic gift for Mother’s Day like flowers or a day at the spa, here are some cool gadgets that won’t only surprise her, but perhaps perfectly match one of her hobbies or current needs.
- YWCA sponsoring trip to Cubs vs. Cardinals game CLINTON -- The YWCA will host a bus trip to watch the Chicago Cubs play the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday, May 8. Trip price is $58 for YWCA members and $60 for community members. Trip price includes chartered coach and ticket to the game. The ch
VIDEO: President Obama zingers at White House Correspondents Dinner
President Obama jokes about Mitch McConnell and Taylor Swift.
Webinars introduce local offerings
CLINTON -- Eastern Iowa Community Colleges is developing a new idea and utilizing the help of modern technology to bring information to people in their homes.
- Refuge tours available at refuge THOMSON, Ill. -- Stewards of the Upper Mississippi River Refuge are hosting refuge golf cart tours that travel through the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge. The tours are free and open to all ages. Trips are the first and thi
5 myths about electric cars
The troubles of electric-car-maker Fisker Automotive have fueled another round of debate about whether plug-ins can live up to their promises.
Is Google more powerful than some nations?
Today, Google is arguably one of the most influential nonstate actors in international affairs, operating in security domains long the purview of nation-states.
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Benefits of exercise go beyond weight loss