INTERACTIVE: New features, look for $100 bill
See the features on the new $100, from newmoney.gov
- District to study altering school year CLINTON -- Clinton School District students could arrive for their first day of school in 2015 to find shorter breaks spread more evenly throughout the school year. The Clinton School Board agreed during its meeting Monday to form an ad-hoc committ
- Retired judge donates to YWCA to sustain victims' services CLINTON -- Clinton County District Court Judge David Sivright has made a $1,000 donation to the YWCA Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Resource Center. The YWCA is on a mission to raise money to sustain local domestic violence/sexual assault services
- Fresh take on how to eat too many hard-boiled eggs Hard-boiled eggs always seem to go to waste in my house. It's my own fault. When I think to make them, it somehow strikes me as silly to go to the trouble for just two or three eggs. And since it requires no more time or effort to boil up a dozen, I
- Whiteside County Fair announces events MORRISON, Ill. -- Officials with the Whiteside County Fair recently released its entertainment for the annual fair in August. The event will run from Aug. 13 to 17 at the fairgrounds in Morrison. This is the 143rd annual fair. The Loghoggers will hav
Main flushing to begin
CLINTON -- Iowa American Water is planning to conduct water main flushing in Clinton beginning today and continuing through May 3.
Top 10 stories of the week
Take a look back at the most-read stories from the past week.
- Driving down memory lane FULTON, Ill. -- A program this weekend will feature a discussion on the Lincoln Highway. Lynn Asp, director of the Lincoln Highway Association headquarters in Franklin Grove, Ill., will present the program at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Fulton (Martin House
- 'Cars for Homes' program benefits local Habitat CLINTON - Most Americans probably would be surprised to discover what the most heavily recycled consumer product is: the automobile. If you're trying to decide what to do with an old junker, consider donating it to Habitat for Humanity. Habitat's n
- Hy-Vee raising funds for research CLINTON -- The Clinton Hy-Vee is inviting people to sample wine and beer this Friday to raise funds to benefit juvenile diabetes research. The Sixth Annual Beer and Wine Show will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday in the Oakwood Grand Ballroom at the Wild R
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- INTERACTIVE: New features, look for $100 bill