- Local News
- Sewer rates to rise CLINTON -- Sewer rates for Clinton residents will be on the rise again after City Council members gave first approval of a 9.5 percent increase Tuesday. The increase will bring the sewer rate from $8.18 to $8.96 per unit for residential customers.
- State awards railport road with grant CLINTON -- Development for Clinton's Lincolnway Railport received more financial support Tuesday as state officials approved a grant that will pay for 80 percent of a road into the industrial park. The Iowa Transportation Commission on Tuesday appro
- Lunch prices to rise CLINTON -- Clinton students will need to spend another dime for lunch next school year after the Clinton School Board approved an increase in lunch prices. The increase is due to the the federal guidelines for paid lunch equity, which ensures suffi
- ADM receives tax credits CLINTON -- Archer Daniels Midland will receive more than $2.5 million in tax credits as part of a settlement in the property tax dispute between the company and the city of Clinton Board of Review. As part of a settlement that was entered into on T
- Sewer rate hike on agenda CLINTON -- The Clinton City Council will consider a 9.5 percent sewer rate increase during its meeting Tuesday. Council members previously decided not to increase the sewer rates from $8.18 a unit to $8.96 per unit for residential customers, but rev
- Area church schedules Immanuel Lutheran 819 S. Fifth St., Clinton Phone: 242-4229 Worship: 10:30 a.m. Sunday St. Paul Lutheran 715 S. Third St., Clinton Phone: 242-4102 Worship: 7 p.m. Thursday; 9:15 a.m. Sunday Elvira Zion Lutheran 2207 380th Ave., Elvira Phone: (563) 52
- Branstad plan still pales next to Medicaid Rep. Dave Heaton, one of the Legislature's experts on health care issues, understands the seriousness of the debate over expanding Medicaid under the federal health reform law to provide insurance to more than 100,000 low-income Iowans. Rather than
- When the earth moves under all of our feet One of the most breath-taking geologic events is a major earthquake. In just a few moments, shaking of the Earth can result in billions of dollars of damage and thousands of lives lost. Many earthquakes are related to the movement of tectonic plates,
- Prevent crimes before they befall senior citizens Hello, loyal readers. I'm Randy Meier. Sheriff Rick Lincoln named me to fill the Seniors vs. Crime position upon the well-deserved retirement of Alan Green. I retired in October 2011 after 33 years of service with the Clinton Police Department. For
Council member questions fee, rate
Clinton City Council member Jennifer Graf told the Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency this week that Clinton is looking for a reduction in either the per-ton tipping fee or the per capita rate at the landfill.
- More Local News Headlines