- Local News
- Prevent crimes before they befall senior citizens Hello, loyal readers. I'm Randy Meier. Sheriff Rick Lincoln named me to fill the Seniors vs. Crime position upon the well-deserved retirement of Alan Green. I retired in October 2011 after 33 years of service with the Clinton Police Department. For
Council member questions fee, rate
Clinton City Council member Jennifer Graf told the Clinton County Area Solid Waste Agency this week that Clinton is looking for a reduction in either the per-ton tipping fee or the per capita rate at the landfill.
Escapee sentenced to prison
Kyle Julian, 18, will serve as much as 15 years after his escape from Clinton County jail in April.
Suspicious package stalls Walmart shoppers
Walmart customers and employees were evacuated from the store Thursday night because of a potential homemade bomb.
UPDATED: Former employee sentenced in Ashford theft
A deferred judgment was granted to a former Ashford University employee who stole more than $62,000.
- PHOTOS: Walmart evacuated after suspicious package discovered The Walmart store in Clinton was evacuated following the discovery of a suspicious package Thursday around 6:15 p.m. The item was described as looking like a homemade bomb in the manager's office. Shoppers were allowed back in the store approximately 30 minutes later. More in tomorrow's Herald.
- Camanche man sentenced in kidnapping case CLINTON -- A Camanche man will serve as much as 20 years in prison for holding his wife at knifepoint on July 7, 2012. In April, Arthur Walker, 52, 4102 Ninth St., Camanche, pleaded guilty to third-degree kidnapping, third-degree sexual abuse and wil
- Picketers take stand near future school site CLINTON -- Members of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters picketed the Clinton Middle School construction site on Wednesday; an act that the local project manager and Quad Cities Builders Association is calling illegal. Hundreds of carpenters with
Camanche City Hall in need of improvement
CAMANCHE -- Members of the Camanche community and city council have begun looking into what should be done with the current city hall.
Warning siren to be tested Thursday in Fulton
A test of Fulton's new severe weather siren will be 10 a.m. Thursday.
- More Local News Headlines