CLINTON — Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
1. COURT RULES ON BAIL FOR PISTORIUS
A magistrate grants bail allowing the double-amputee athlete to be freed from custody pending his trial in the shooting death of his girlfriend.
2. DREW PETERSON GETS 38 YEARS IN PRISON
The sentence comes in an Illinois court after the ex-cop angrily denies killing his third wife.
3. SOME TROOPS MAY BE SUFFERING FROM 'MORAL INJURIES'
Symptoms include deep shame, guilt and rage from having done something, or failed to stop something that violates their moral code.
4. EGYPT'S ISLAMIST PRESIDENT CALLS FOR NEW ELECTIONS
Morsi's call for 4-stage parliamentary balloting comes against the backdrop of a divided country.
5. WHO'S NOT BENEFITING FROM FLU SHOTS
This year's vaccine is proving startlingly ineffective in protecting older Americans — the most vulnerable age group.
6. MASSIVE STORM THREATENS MORE STATES
A major snowstorm promises a messy Upper Midwest commute after shuttering Missouri airports and blanketing Kansas.
7. GOVERNMENT SHRINKS AMID GOP DEMAND FOR MORE CUTS
The recent downsizing is most pronounced at the state and local levels on payroll, equipment, buildings and other core functions.
8. DRAMATIC CAR CHASE SHOOTOUT ON THE VEGAS STRIP
Police hunt for a Range Rover that set off the fiery crash that left 3 people killed.
9. SCIENTISTS' PRESCRIPTION TO BATTLE A SLITHERY ENEMY
Dead mice laced with the active ingredient in Tylenol to be unleashed in Guam's jungle canopy to fight the brown tree snake.
10. GOODBYE WALLETS? COLLEGE TESTS FINGERPRINT PURCHASING
Users scan their fingers with a device that recognizes their prints and detects hemoglobin in the blood at two South Dakota campus shops.