Aug. 20, 1922 - Sept. 14, 2012
LaFern A. Heath, 90, of Clinton, Iowa, died Friday, September 14, 2012, at the University of Iowa Hospital, Iowa City.
Services will be 1 p.m. Tuesday, September 18, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Visitation will be Tuesday from 11 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Ben Heath, Tim Heath, Larry Andersen, Randy Andersen, Neal Andersen and Brad Thomas.
LaFern was born August 20, 1922, in Deep Creek Township, Clinton County, the daughter of Arthur and Emma (Lorenzen) Rohweder. She married Cecil Heath on April 18, 1953, in Clinton; Cecil died October 12, 1996.
LaFern retired from General Electric after 27 years of employment. She was an active member of Zion Lutheran Church and had been a volunteer with Mercy Auxiliary.
Survivors include her children, Cecil (Debbie) Heath of Azle, TX; Alan R. (Karen) Heath of South Milwaukee, WI; and Deb (Lyle) Wilkins of Fulton, IL; grandsons, Tim and Ben Heath; stepgrandson, Travis Graham; great-grandson, Jackson Heath; and stepgreat-granddaughter, Ellie McMickle.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents and her sister, Vera Andersen.
Memorials may be made to Zion Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Sept. 14, 2012
Aug. 20, 1922 - Sept. 14, 2012
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines