Oct. 5, 1940 - Sept. 16, 2012
Larry John Hasken, age 71, of Sabula, Iowa, died suddenly of natural causes at his shop near Miles, Iowa, Sunday, September 16, 2012.
Visitation will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Preston, Iowa. A private family burial will take place at St. Peter’s Cemetery in Sabula, Iowa. Memorials may be given in Larry’s memory for the Preston-Miles EMT’s, the Sabula EMT’s, or the Humane Society. Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Larry was born October 5, 1940, near Bellevue, Iowa, the son of John Lyle and Violet (Kuhl) Hasken. He attended Reeseville Country School and is a graduate of the Sabula High School with the class of 1958. On May 2, 1959, Larry married Saran Petesch. They have celebrated fifty-three years of marriage.
Larry worked as a yardmaster with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad and the Union Pacific Railroad for thirty-one years retiring in 2000. He also farmed crops and livestock till 1983. Larry enjoyed spending time at his shop, going to sales, his pet cats, and visiting with friends. He was an avid collector of trains and tractors.
Larry is survived by his wife, Sally, of Sabula; two sons, Michael (Joyce Wheeler) Hasken of Sabula and James (Lisa) Hasken of Clinton; a daughter, Michelle (Guy) Gravert of Pearl City, Illinois; nine grandchildren, Alisha, Jonathon, Matthew, Te’a Rae, William, Carly, Joseph, Austin, Tana; three great-grandchildren, Kaiden, Deevon, Kayliegh; a sister, Shirley (Chuck) Humphrey of Clinton, Iowa.
Larry is preceded in death by both parents and a sister, Bonnie Milder.
Death date: Sept. 16, 2012
Oct. 5, 1940 - Sept. 16, 2012
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines