FULTON, Ill. —
Aug. 4, 1919 - Sept. 16, 2012
Agnes Schaver, 93, of Harbor Crest Home in Fulton, died Sunday, September 16, 2012, at the home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Friday, September 21, 2012, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with the Rev. Dr. Stanley Bomgarden, honorably retired. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, September 20, 2012, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton.
She was born August 4, 1919, in Thomson, Ill., to Dewey and Jennie (Balk) Dykstra.
She was educated in the Thomson Grade School and graduated from Thomson High School in Thomson, Ill.
She married Lloyd Schaver on December 1, 1939, in Clinton, IA; he died June 23, 1981.
Agnes farmed with her husband in the Ustick Township, Fenton and Garden Plain areas. She also was employed as an office receptionist for former local Dentist Dr. M.E. Brookstra for 5 years. She also worked as a waitress at the former Melody Restaurant, Fulton, IL.
Agnes was a former member of First Christian Reformed Church, Fulton, and the church’s Rebecca Society. She was currently a member of the Fulton Presbyterian Church, Fulton. She enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She loved to travel with her husband, Lloyd. Agnes also enjoyed playing the organ and gardening.
Survivors include one daughter, Pat (Harvey) Haring of Fulton; one son, Ronald (Judy) Schaver of Morrison, Ill.; three grandchildren: Matthew (fiancée, Ashley Bruggenwirth) Haring, Allen (Brenda) Schaver and Charlene (John) Bielema; three stepgrandchildren; and four great-grandchildren: Kevin and Darrin Bielema and Zachary and Andrew Schaver.
She was preceded in death by her husband; and one sister, Alyda Housenga.
Casketbearers will be Matthew Haring, Allen Schaver, Charlene Bielema, Kevin Bielema, Darrin Bielema, Andrew Schaver and Zachary Schaver.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Sept. 16, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
Aug. 4, 1919 - Sept. 16, 2012
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines