1915 - 2012
Lucille K. McGonegle, 97, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on August 15, 2012.
A Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, August 20, at the Jesus Christ Prince of Peace Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 19, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, just west of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at St. Mary's Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Lucille was born in 1915 in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of William R. and Mary J. McGonegle. Lucille attended St. Mary’s grade and high school graduating in 1933. She received her associate degree from Mount St. Claire College. She managed Greenfield’s Millinery department for several years and later received her B.A. in education from Iowa State Teacher’s College and taught second grade at Longfellow School for thirteen years. Lucille received a Master’s degree in remedial reading from Cardinal Stritch college in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She finished her career for the Clinton School District as a remedial reading specialist and retired in 1982.
Lucille was active in the National Education System and Delta Kappa Gamma Society serving as treasurer, vice president and president at various times.
Lucille was a lifetime and active member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, now Prince of Peace.
She is survived by her two nieces, Wynne Ann (James) Ehrhart of Clinton, Iowa, and Patricia (Hank) Van Veen of Green Valley, Arizona; and several great-nieces and nephews.
Memorials preferred to the Alverno.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 15, 2012
1915 - 2012
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines