Nov. 27, 1922-Oct. 20, 2012
Edward C. “Eddie” Horst, age 89, of Clinton, passed away Saturday, October 20, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be held at noon on Thursday, October 25, 2012, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, October 24, at the funeral home. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery.
Eddie was born in Clinton on November 27, 1922, the son of Ernest and Anna (Rehmann) Horst.
He served with the U.S. Army in World War II in the South Pacific. Eddie married Stella Braun on March 31, 1951, at St. Irenaeus Church in Clinton. He was a tool and die marker at General Electric in Morrison for 32 years. Prior to G.E., Eddie had worked for the Clinton Lock Shop and Patent Novelty in Fulton. Eddie was a member of the Knights of Columbus and the former St. Irenaeus Church. He enjoyed wood working.
Eddie is survived by his wife, Stella; two sons, Donald (Joy) Horst and Thomas Horst (Sally Rice), both of Clinton; two granddaughters, Antje Horst of Ames, and Mollie Horst, a student at the University of Missouri; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and four sisters. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Oct. 20, 2012
Nov. 27, 1922-Oct. 20, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines