July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
Louis Riojas, 86, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on July 24, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, July 27, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, at the Church of the Open Door. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Louis was born on July 19, 1926, in McAllen, Texas, the son of Louis and Eutimia (Salas) Riojas. He graduated from McAllen High School, Texas. Louis served his Country for six years in the U.S. Army; a veteran of World War II and service in the Pacific theater. On July 24, 1953, he married Christine Saenz in McAllen, Texas; just recently celebrating 59 years of marriage.
Louis was employed with Northwestern Steel, as a security guard and union president. He retired from Northwestern Steel in 1992 after 20+ years. He was a member of the VFW and also a faithful member of the Church of the Open Door. Louis loved God, loved his family and was a beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He spent his last few years reading God’s word and spending time with his family. He will be deeply missed.
A special thank you to all of the nurses and the entire staff at the Alverno Nursing Home.
Louis is survived his wife, Christine, of Clinton; two daughters, Linda (John) Kugler of La Crosse, WI, and Diana (Brian) McGrath of La Crosse, WI; six sons, Steven (Sue) Riojas of Clinton, IA, David (Kelly) Riojas of Plainfield, IL, Richard (Becky) Riojas of Dixon, IL, Michael Riojas of Clinton, IA, Luis Riojas of Bettendorf, IA, Gabriel (Tamara) Riojas of Clinton, IA; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren; one sister and one brother both in Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters and three brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 24, 2012
July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines