June 5, 1963 - Dec. 30, 2012
Bonny S. Delk-Young, 49, of Clinton, graduated to glory on Sunday, December 30, 2012, at her home in Clinton.
Going Home Services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013, at the Gateway Baptist Church, Clinton, with the Rev. Jon Booth officiating. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche.
Serving as pallbearers will be Heather Snyder, Randy Thompson, Joshua Delk, Douglas Grear, Gary Olsen and Kevin Wisor. Visitation will be Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
Bonny Sue Delk was born on June 5, 1963, in Memphis, Tennessee, the daughter of T.J. and Mary Ann (Jordan) Delk.
Bonny worked as a cook on river barges for 6 years.
Bonny enjoyed collecting cookbooks, cooking, spending time with friends and being with her family. She was a member of Gateway Baptist Church, Clinton.
Bonny is survived by one son, Tyler Olsen of Clinton; four grandchildren: Ali, Zoey, Jakob and Jasper Olsen; her parents, Mary and David Phelps of Camanche; one sister, Shannon (Kevin) Wisor of Schaumburg, Illinois, her brother, Michael (Brenda) Delk of Arkansas; and her maternal grandmother, Virginia Phelps of Camanche; and dear friends, Jack Young and Heather Snyder of Clinton.
Bonny was preceded in death by her son, Randy Olsen; her brother, Richard Delk; her father, T.J. Delk; her grandfathers and her paternal grandmother.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Dec. 30, 2012
June 5, 1963 - Dec. 30, 2012
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines