Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
Robert G. Walliker, 91, of Clinton, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Springdale Cemetery with military honors being conducted by Clinton AMVETS Post 28. Serving as pallbearers will be Brad Dawson, Jim Bengtson Jr., Scott Bengtson, Bill Klahn, Bob Rentz and Jeff Sterbenz. Serving as honorary pallbearers will be Frank Hickisch Jr., Dave Clizbe, Bob Boegel, George Clausen and Gail Mauck. Visitation will be Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. with a Rose Croix service to conclude the visitation at 7 p.m. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Robert Gerald Walliker was born on August 16, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Dr. Wilbur and Lotta (Liquin) Walliker. He was a 1938 graduate of Clinton High School and graduated from Cornell College in 1942. He married Inge Heiberg on December 20, 1942, in Clinton.
Robert served in the United States Army from 1943-1946.
Robert was the feed and oil sales manager at Clinton Corn/Nabisco retiring in 1981 after 38 years of service.
Robert was a member of the First Congregational Church for over 60 years, member and past president of the Springdale Cemetery board, an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, KAABA Shrine, member of the American Legion, life member of the Chicago Feed Club, former board member of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce and a member and past president of the Clinton Country Club. He enjoyed playing gin rummy and golf with his friends at the country club.
Robert is survived by his wife of 70 years, Inge of Clinton; two daughters, Tiffany (Doug) Dawson of Midland, Michigan, and Sarah (Jim) Bengtson of Clinton; four grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one son, two sisters and an infant brother.
Memorials can be made to the Springdale Cemetery Association.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines