July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
Edna E. Crider, 97, of Clinton, died Thursday, January 10, 2013, at her home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 14, 2013, at the Evangelical Free Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Tom Holt, Joel Collins, Jeff Collins, Tim Thompson, Don Thiessen and Jaim Lawson. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Edna E. Thompson was born on July 8, 1915, in Burtrum, Minnesota, the daughter of Martin and Gena (Erickson) Thompson. She married Harold Dietrich on December 21, 1935, in Burtrum, Minnesota; he died April 19, 1956. She later married Alfred Crider on September 3, 1968, in Nahsua, Iowa; he died January 25, 1997.
Edna was a zipper setter at the Clinton Garment Factory for 27 years.
Edna was a member of the Evangelical Free Church. She enjoyed sewing, playing cards, bowling, adoring her cats and spending time with her family.
Edna is survived by two daughters: Shirley Holt of Clinton and Janice (Jack) Collins of Clinton; 8 grandchildren: Jeff Collins of Topeka, Kansas, Jody (Don) Theissen of Long Grove, Iowa, Julie (Dave Young) Becker of Clinton, Joel Collins of Fulton, Debbie Gale of St. Cloud, Minnesota, Lori Lawson of Davenport, Brenda (Tim) Thompson of Blue Grass, Iowa, and Thomas Holt of Camanche; stepchildren: Richard Crider, Jim Burgess, Patsy Johanson, Allen (Mary) Crider and Diana (Carey) Anderson; numerous stepgrandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; and a brother-in-law, Robert (Jeanne) Crider of Clinton.
Edna was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; stepson, Gary Crider; son-in-law, Richard Holt; one brother, two sisters and several sisters- and brothers-in-law.
Memorials can be made to the Evangelical Free Church.
Death date: Jan. 10, 2013
July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines