March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
John E. Dau, age 80, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Eagle Point Nursing Home on Sunday, January 13, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, January 18, 2013, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery. Casket bearers will be his grandsons. Honorary casket bearers will be his granddaughters.
John was born in Clinton on March 1, 1932, the son of Claus and Teresa (Nissen) Dau. He graduated from Lyons High School in 1950.
He was a veteran of the Korean War serving with the U.S. Navy as a boatswain mate on board the USS Chipola.
John married Ruth Cady on January 31, 1958, at the Community Congregational Church in Clinton. Ruth passed away on February 26, 1995. John was a machinist with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad and with the Rock Island Lines, retiring in 1981. He was a member of NARVE and the Illowa Coin Club. He enjoyed fishing, camping, going to auctions and stock car racing.
John is survived by five children: Jeff (Jean) Dau of Wheatland, Darrell Dau of Clinton, Tim (Cheryl) Dau of Newburgh, IN, Brent (Stacy) Dau of Princeton, IN, and Cindy Dau of Newburgh; 14 grandchildren: Eric, Dustin, Darren, David, Jacob, Thomas, Carissa, Carin, Derek, Tia, Meghan, Danielle, Jonathan and Nicholas; several great-grandchildren; and a sister, Venita Hebdon of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three sisters, Marie, Erna and Alice “Tootie.” Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 13, 2013
March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines