June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
Louis J. Jewell, 95, of Clinton, Iowa passed away, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at his home in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Visitation will be held from 4-7 p.m., Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be, Jimmy Hayes, Doug Harris, Jeff Shadle and Deandre White.
Louis was born June 10, 1917 in Albany, Illinois the son of Joseph and Florence (Harrington) Jewell. He married Arlene Nims on July 28, 1973 in Rock Island, Illinois; she passed away July 15, 2008.
Louis retired from the United States Army in 1964; he was a WWII Veteran.
He was also employed as a security guard with Wells Fargo at Chemplex from 1973 until 1982, when he retired. He was a member of the VFW, AMVETS and a member of the former Riverside Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include his daughter, Samantha Jewell (Burridge) of Clinton; many grandchildren including, Joseph and Abigal Burridge and Tabatha Harris, several great-grandchildren, sister, Edith (Gene) Ottens of Clinton and brother, Howard Jewell of Clinton.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 2, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines