Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
Florence MacKenzie, 97, of Clinton, died Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 1:30 p.m. Monday, November 19, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Florence Stichter was born on August 11, 1915, in Princeton, Iowa, the daughter of Fred and Louisa (Lausen) Stichter. She married William “Van” MacKenzie on May 12, 1941, in Kahoka, Missouri; he died December 13, 2005.
Florence was a 1932 graduate of Clinton High School and was proud of the fact that she graduated at the age of 16.
Florence worked at the Allen’s Tea Room and also assisted her husband in their rental apartment business in Clinton. In earlier years she was active in PTA and Girl Scouts. She was a member of the Telephone Pioneers and Plus 60 Club. Florence had an eye for fashion and was very stylish. She loved her flowers and bird watching from her dining room window. She and her husband enjoyed traveling in their motor home and camping with their grandchildren. Everyone enjoyed her wonderful cooking, especially her pies.
Florence is survived by two daughters, Jan MacKenzie and Julie (Dan) Mulholland, both of Clinton; six grandchildren: Dr. Renee (Larry Kelly) Lass of Bettendorf, Cathy Lass of Davenport, Jason Mulholland, Tara (Andy) Furgason, Angie (Ryan) Sullivan, Adria (Ben Tyler) Mulholland, all of Clinton; five great-grandchildren: Justin Porth, Tyler Mulholland, Macy Mulholland, Daniel Tyler and Ethan Furgason; and several nieces and nephews including Nancy Olson and Dr. Fred (Kay) Luthans.
Florence was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two brothers, three sisters and an infant son.
Memorials can be made to Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Nov. 16, 2012
Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines