Jan. 22, 1942 - June 27, 2012
Carolyn Kay Roling, age 70, of Bryant, IA passed away Wednesday, June 27th at Mercy Medical Center North.
A Mass of the Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, July 2nd at the Prince of Peace Church. Visitation will be from 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. Sunday, July 1st at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be at St. Joseph’s Cemetery in Sugar Creek.
Carolyn was born January 22, 1942 in Clinton, to Ernest and Lorraine (Jensen) Lueders. She graduated Goose Lake High School.
She married Leo “Pete” Roling in Sugar Creek in 1963. Carolyn was a receptionist at Dr. Cahill’s office for several years, later working in homecare for the VNA in DeWitt as well as selling Avon for over 30 years. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and the Farm Bureau Homemakers. She enjoyed sewing, going to auctions, flea markets, and collecting cook books.
Carolyn is survived by her husband “Pete,” her son Scott of Clinton, three daughters, Susan (Lee) McCutcheon of Clinton, Kristen (Scott Brundage) Roling of Sabula, Kathy (Jerry) Williams of Danville, KY; six sisters, Jan (Jim) Young of Clinton, Margie Maura of Las Vegas, NV, Eileen (Paul) Spehr of San Antonio, TX, Luwana (Roy) Hansen of Oakdale, NY, Janelle (Russell) Horton of Thermopolis, WY, and Joan Petersen of Clinton; a brother, Alan (Linda) Lueders of Clinton; and brothers and sisters-in-law, Kenneth (Diane) Roling of Dewitt, Clarence (Bertha) Pfab of Bernard, Gene (Karen) Pfab of Dubuque, Jim Roling (Marietta Trenkamp) of Preston, Dan (Doris) Lawrence of Miles, Delores Woods of DeWitt, Darrell (Lois) Trenkamp of Preston, Terry (Annie) Hahn of Charlotte, Larry (Joan) Roling of Preston; and many nieces and nephews.
Carolyn was preceded in death by her parents and two nephews, Mark and Carl Roling.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: June 27, 2012
Jan. 22, 1942 - June 27, 2012
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines