FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
Kenneth L. Cooper, 91 of Fenton died Monday, July 30, 2012 at home.
Services will be 10:00 a.m. Friday at the Gibson Funeral Home, Erie. Burial will be in Fenton Cemetery. Visitation will be on Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Erie Ambulance Service.
Mr. Cooper was born June 27, 1921 in Albany, the son of Edward and Elizabeth “Bessie” Kennedy Cooper. He married Joyce Dennis on August 3, 1945 in Clinton.
He was employed at the Sterling Wire Mill until joining the U.S. Army on November 13, 1942. He served with Patton’s 3rd Army in Germany and received his discharge from the Army on February 13, 1946. He was in the C.C. Camp when he was young.
He was a lifetime farmer, had worked at Penberthy, Prophetstown and then worked at Deere Harvester Works, East Moline until he had to retire because of his health in 1986. Kenneth enjoyed the yard and buildings. He enjoyed the timber and cleaning it up.
He was a member of the American Legion for 64 years, currently a member of the Hillsdale American Legion. He was also a member of the UAW Local 65.
Survivors include his wife, sons, Gary (Andrea) Cooper, Morrison, David (Georgia) Cooper, Prophetstown, and John (Linda) Cooper, Erie, a daughter, Veneita Lynn (Rick) Shaffer, Erie, 10 grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren and 6 great great grandchildren. He is also survived by his buddy, George Hawk and special friends, Brian and Donna Douglas and their children, Jennifer and Katie.
He was preceded in death by 4 grandchildren including a granddaughter, Becky, his parents, a brother, Donald Cooper and sisters, Veronica Violet and Kathryn Anderson.
A special appreciation to granddaughter, Sherry Brackemyer who was his caregiver and allowed him to be at home.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.gibsonfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 30, 2012
FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines