Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
Nancy L. “Grammy” Schmitz, 75, of Camanche, Iowa passed away at Mercy Medical Center, on July 4th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, July 9th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (West side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery). A visitation will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 8th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Nancy was born December 4th, 1936 in Ann Arbor Michigan, the daughter of Elton and Ethel (Wood) Foster. She attended Maquoketa High School. Nancy was united in marriage to Charles Schmitz on September 26th, 1954 in Clinton, Iowa.
Nancy worked as a supervisor at the Clinton House for over 10 years. Nancy enjoyed putting together scrap books, crafts, bowling and watching boxing and Jeopardy. She had a passion for genealogy and was proud to trace and verify her lineage back to the Mayflower. Above all she loved her family and loved spending time with her grandchildren and great grandchildren, especially at family gatherings.
Nancy is survived by two daughters - Jody Wenzel of Louisville KY, Stacey (Kevin) Arms of Camanche; three sons - Richard Schmitz of Clinton, IA, Charlie (Maria) Schmitz Jr. of Crosby TX., Kenny Schmitz of Clinton, IA.; 28 grandchildren; 20 great grandchildren; three sisters - Norma Roup of Clinton, MI., Pat (Charlie) Mattis of Tecumseh, MI., Vicki (Mike) Delisle of Onsted, MI.; one-sister in-law - Joan Foster of Clinton, MI.; one brother - Danny Foster of Brooklyn, MI. and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, one son, Doni and one grandson, Christopher.
Memorials can be made to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
- Gunnel Maria Lundquist MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Gunnel Maria Lundquist, 96, of Mount Carroll, died Thursday at the Carroll County Good Samaritan Center in Mount Carroll. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Mount Carroll United Methodist Church with the
- Carlyle A. Rickertsen Carlyle A. Rickertsen April 11, 1944 - May 21, 2013 WYOMING, Iowa -- Carlyle A. Rickertsen, 69, of Wyoming formerly of Maquoketa, died Tuesday May 21, 2013 at his home following an extended illness. Friends may call from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- Jean Renner Maquoketa Jean Renner Jean Renner, 78, of Maquoketa, died Friday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Jule E. Luckritz Clinton Jule E. Luckritz Jule E. Luckritz, 73, of Clinton, died Friday at Mercy Living Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Lloyd T. Weigandt Lloyd T. Weigandt Dec. 13, 1926 - May 21, 2013 LANCASTER, Wis. -- Lloyd T. Weigandt, D.C., of Lancaster, WI passed away on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at Lancaster Care Center, Lancaster, WI. Memorial services will be at 11:00 a.m. Friday May 31st at Lancas
- Diana F. Posey PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Diana F. Posey, 54, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, at OSF St. Francis in Peoria, Ill. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the ch
- Vernon K. Stidham Vernon K. Stidham Sept. 1, 1937 - May 23, 2013 ROCK ISLAND, Ill. -- Vernon K. Stidham, 75, of Rock Island, passed away Thursday, May 23, 2013 at his home. Services will be private. A memorial fund has been established for his grandchildren's educati
- Marjorie E. Rowe
- Stan McCrudden
- Richard "Rick" A. Hale
- More Obituaries Headlines