Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
Nancy L. “Grammy” Schmitz, 75, of Camanche, Iowa passed away at Mercy Medical Center, on July 4th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, July 9th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (West side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery). A visitation will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 8th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Nancy was born December 4th, 1936 in Ann Arbor Michigan, the daughter of Elton and Ethel (Wood) Foster. She attended Maquoketa High School. Nancy was united in marriage to Charles Schmitz on September 26th, 1954 in Clinton, Iowa.
Nancy worked as a supervisor at the Clinton House for over 10 years. Nancy enjoyed putting together scrap books, crafts, bowling and watching boxing and Jeopardy. She had a passion for genealogy and was proud to trace and verify her lineage back to the Mayflower. Above all she loved her family and loved spending time with her grandchildren and great grandchildren, especially at family gatherings.
Nancy is survived by two daughters - Jody Wenzel of Louisville KY, Stacey (Kevin) Arms of Camanche; three sons - Richard Schmitz of Clinton, IA, Charlie (Maria) Schmitz Jr. of Crosby TX., Kenny Schmitz of Clinton, IA.; 28 grandchildren; 20 great grandchildren; three sisters - Norma Roup of Clinton, MI., Pat (Charlie) Mattis of Tecumseh, MI., Vicki (Mike) Delisle of Onsted, MI.; one-sister in-law - Joan Foster of Clinton, MI.; one brother - Danny Foster of Brooklyn, MI. and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, one son, Doni and one grandson, Christopher.
Memorials can be made to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines