FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
Mrs. Agnes M. Kinney, 92, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Saturday evening, July 7, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, DeWitt.
Mrs. Kinney, the former Agnes Mary Grubich, was born May 28, 1920, at Lake Benton, Minnesota, to Charles R. and Margaret V. (Peter) Grubich. Agnes was united in marriage to Edward Kinney on November 8, 1938, at Lake Benton. The couple farmed for many years, until retirement in 1986, when they moved to DeWitt. As well as being a mother and farm wife, Agnes also did housekeeping, baby-sitting and caregiving. She sorted seed corn seasonally for 58 years. Her husband, Ed, preceded her in death on October 6, 1996.
She was a former member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound., and the Altar and Rosary Society. Currently, Agnes was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt. She enjoyed cooking, baking, playing cards, family gatherings and especially the time she was able to spend with her many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Agnes loved trying new recipes out for her family, and if they liked it, she made more for others. She also was proud of the fact that she took her very first airplane ride at age 80 with her oldest grandson, Kevin, as pilot.
Surviving are daughters, Barb (Chuck) Easton of Davenport, Iowa; Loreen (Ted) Pestka and Janet (Ron) Goldensoph of DeWitt; a son, Steve (Cindy) Kinney of Kenney, Illinois; 16 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; 3 great-great-grandchildren; a daughter-in-law, Jane Kinney of Lost Nation, Iowa; sisters-in-law, Grace Kinney of Grand Mound and Lydia Kinney of Marion, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Agnes in death, in addition to her husband, were her parents; a son, Charles; brothers, Lawrence, Leo, Bernie and Chuck; and sisters, Lorraine Grubich, Leona Kinney and Florence Cahill.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 until 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 11, 2012, in St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt, with the Reverend Father Paul Connolly officiating. Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. A memorial fund has been established.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Kevin Kinney, Tom, Scott and Ryan Eastron, Ray Pestka and Chris and Cory Goldensoph. Honorary pallbearers will be granddaughters, Michelle Kinney, Joelle Stoddard, Charleen Kilburg, Robbi Olson, Amy Leasure, Katie Goldensoph, Kim James, Stacy Traver and Melanie Kinney.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 7, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines