Oct. 27, 1930 - March 17, 2013
Georgia Louise Giese, 82, of Camanche, found peace on March 17, 2013, with her family at her side.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a funeral service to be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 23, at First United Methodist Church, Clinton. The family will be available at 1 p.m. to greet visitors before the service and all are invited to join the family for a luncheon at 3 p.m. at Rastrelli’s.
Georgia was born October 27, 1930, in Camanche, Iowa, the daughter of Ralph and Hattie (Powell) Haring. She graduated from Clinton High school in 1949. On December 26, 1949, Georgia married Edward Giese in Clinton.
Georgia worked at a variety of places, Nelsons Lumber, Burpees and Social Services. She retired from Clinton Community College where she worked as a GED examiner.
She was a member of First United Methodist and the YWCA. Georgia volunteered for various organizations from room mother to Foster Care review board and knitting prayer shawls. Georgia loved to travel (some said she had wheels on her ***). She visited countries on six continents and all 50 states. Not one to sit idle, she enjoyed a number of hobbies: ceramics, crocheting, basket weaving and knitting. She loved to collect spoons, angels and Santas.
Those left to honor her memory include her husband, Edward; her son, Eldon and daughter-in-law Billie (Tieso) Giese of Fond du Lac, WI; and her daughter, Christine and son-in-law Michael Powell of Papillion, NE; her five grandchildren, Christina (Robert) Loehr, Jody (Mark) Mentele, Jessica (Scott) Commo, Jon (Cheryl) Powell and Kari (Andrew) Zehren; her nine great-grandchildren: Rueben Westra, Evan and Mariah Loehr, Malia Louise and James Mentele, Sydney and Sophia Commo, Henry and Claire Georgia Zehren; special friends, Ruth and Jay Kieller, Judy and Ken Bonnett and Becky and Jim Muers; and numerous nieces, nephews and friends.
Georgia was preceded in death by her parents; and her brothers, Ralph, Robert and Wayne Haring.
In lieu of flowers, Georgia asked that memorials be directed to the First United Methodist Church or the charity of your choice. The family thanks the staff at the Alverno and Iowa Hospice for their loving care.
Death date: March 17, 2013
Oct. 27, 1930 - March 17, 2013
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines