Darlene W. Knapp
Nov. 5, 1945 - Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp, 67, of Sabula, Iowa, died on Wednesday, December 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque, Iowa.
A private graveside service and burial celebrating Darlene's life will be held from the Hickory Grove Cemetery, rural Monmouth, Iowa.
A public visitation and gathering for family and friends will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
Cremation will follow the visitation.
Darlene Wilma Heister was born on November 5, 1945, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Louis Lee and Wilma Helen (Carpenter) Heister.
She was a 1964 graduate of Delmar High School and married Frederick Knapp on January 14, 1967, in Iowa.
Upon her graduation, Darlene worked for the Speaker Factory in Sabula for several years until her marriage. She then worked for over 25 years at International Paper in Clinton, Iowa, as a machine operator until the plant closed in 2002. Lastly, she worked as a bartender for Orvas Hide-A-Way Tap in Preston until her retirement in 2010.
Darlene was an avid NASCAR fan with Dale Jarret being her favorite driver. She enjoyed reading and connecting with family and friends on Facebook as well playing games on her computer such as Jigsaw puzzles and Free Cell.
Those left to honor Darlene’s memory include her daughter, Pamela (Kevin Kinkaid) Knapp of Clinton, IA; a stepdaughter, Kerri Knapp of Camanche, IA; a brother, Donald (Linda Marcus) Heister of Davenport, IA; sisters, Joan Jones of Charlotte, IA, and Judy (Shack) Gardner of Carolina Beach, NC; 1 grandpuppy, Doodles; and several nieces and nephews and two great-great-nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Dan and Lewis Heister.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
Death date: Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- More Obituaries Headlines