Feb. 14, 1927 - Dec. 28, 2012
William F. “Uncle Willie” Reafsnider, age 85, of Clinton, passed away Friday, December 28, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2013, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, January 1, at the funeral home. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Michael, Brian and James Reafsnider, Tom Dopson, Nate Kreinbrink and Steve Hartman.
Bill was born in Clinton on February 14, 1927, the son of Lester and Ruth (Cawley) Reafsnider. He graduated from Lyons High School in 1945. Bill served with the U.S. Army in the South Pacific during World War II. He was a painter with Herman Nelson Company in Morrison for several years and later worked as an operator with Collis Company. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Eagle Club and the former Odeon Club. He enjoyed socializing and bowling and had been a member of the Saturday Night Mixed bowling league at the Plaza for over 40 years. Bill was a Chicago Bear, Iowa Hawkeye and an avid Chicago Cub fan.
Bill is survived by his brother, David (Donna) Reafsnider of Clinton; nieces and nephews, Michael, Brian, Lois, James and Bruce Reafsnider, Debra Stewart, Patricia Bird, Joy Whitney and Del Lutz; and his extended family, Paula and Tom Dopson, Nate, Ashley, Alijah and Emerson Kreinbrink; Amber and Alysse Trenkamp and Joyce and Steve Hartman.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Paul; and two sisters, Elizabeth and Mary. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Dec. 28, 2012
Feb. 14, 1927 - Dec. 28, 2012
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines