GRAND MOUND —
Sept. 16, 1936 - Jan. 1, 2013
Dale Henry Peters, 76, of Maquoketa, Iowa, formerly of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday morning, January 1, 2013, in his home.
Dale was born September 16, 1936, in Clinton, Iowa, to Lester George Fredrick and Mildred Fern (Bird) Peters. He was a graduate of Welton High School. On September 13, 1959, Dale was united in marriage to Judith Joy Petersen in the Low Moor United Methodist Church. Dale served in the Army in Stuttgart, Germany, for several years where his oldest daughter was born. Dale farmed for many years at rural Grand Mound, and was self-employed as a mechanic. He also had been employed by Eller Construction at Eldridge and Liqui Grow in DeWitt.
He was a member of the United Methodist Church of DeWitt and a former member of the school board for Central Community Schools. Dale raced stock cars in Maquoketa and Tipton for 14 years and was known as the “flying farmer.” He was an avid collector and restorer of antique tractors. Dale and Judy also enjoyed riding in tractorcades and traveling to many foreign countries together.
Surviving is the love of his life, Judy, of 53 years; daughters and sons-in-law, Jill and Randy Franzen of Maquoketa and Jayne and John Watters of Andrew, Iowa; grandchildren, Jarett (fiancee, Riley Diercks), Nathan Watters and Kyle Watters; sisters and brothers-in-law, Millicent and Donald Hunsaker of Casstown, Ohio, Madelyn and Steven Olsen of Marion, Iowa, Nancy and Lonnie Blackwell of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Nadine and Dick Sojka of Solon, Iowa; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Preceding Dale in death were his parents.
The family will greet relatives and friends at the United Methodist Church of DeWitt from 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. A Service of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, in the United Methodist Church, DeWitt. The Reverend Chuck Kelsey will officiate. Military rites and burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Alfred Casad, Tom Casad, Donnie Haack, Rick Ryan, Russell Rock, Doug Toenjes, Ray Flammang and Alan Stampe.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com. Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, is caring for the arrangements.
Death date: Jan. 1, 2013
GRAND MOUND —
Sept. 16, 1936 - Jan. 1, 2013
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines