Aug. 30, 1923 - Jan. 3, 2013
Marion C. Droste age 89 of Clinton passed away Thursday, January 3, 2013 at Eagle Point Nursing Home. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, January 7, 2013 at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. Sunday, January 6th at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery.
Marion was born in Orion, IL on August 30, 1923, the daughter of Clifford and Lillie (Anderson) Carlson. She graduated from Sherrard High School and attended Browns Business College in Rock Island. Marion married Arnold Droste on May 30, 1944 in St. Boniface Church, Clinton. Arnold passed away on March 25, 2003.
Marion was employed at Kresges and later at K-Mart, retiring in 1985. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and a former member of the Women of the Moose. She enjoyed crocheting, cooking, dancing, and all the social activities at Eagle Point.
Marion is survived by a son, Ronald (Marie) Droste of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; a daughter, Marla (George) Pasdirtz of Egg Harbor, WI; three grandchildren, Shannon Dolan, Nicole (Chris) Russell and André Droste; three great grandchildren, Brandon, Jaydon and Ashton; a brother, Raymond (Betty) Carlson of Orion, IL and a sister-in-law, Mary Droste of Clinton.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two sisters in infancy and a stepbrother.
The family would like to thank the staff at Eagle Point for their loving care of Marion. Memorials may be made to Masses or family wishes. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 3, 2013
Aug. 30, 1923 - Jan. 3, 2013
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines