Eila J. Payson
Jan. 20, 1921-Feb. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Eila J. Payson, 92, of Clinton, died Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Eila Johanna Meader was born on January 20, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Johanna (Luckritz) Meader. She was a 1939 graduate of Lyons High School. She married Robert L. Payson on April 18, 1943, in Clinton; he died April 27, 1975.
Eila was a secretary at Abstract & Title Guaranty Company and attorneys Petersen & Petersen, O.M Halsrud, Petersen, Petersen & Eddy, and Mayer, Mayer, & Mayer.
Eila was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aide and Altar Guild. A former member of Phi Sima Alpha Sorority, Tri-S Women’s Club, the Clinton Humane Society, Daughter of the American Revolution, Mercy Medical Auxiliary and a volunteer at its thrift shop, the American Legion Auxiliary, the Clinton Women’s Club, charter member of the Women’s Club Foundation, Camanche Reading Circle, the Camanche VFW Auxiliary and Clinton Republican Women. In earlier years, she had been a den mother for Cub Scouts and a Brownie and Girl Scout leader.
She is survived by a son, Michael (Sharon) Payson of Spokane Valley, Washington; a daughter, Patricia Payson of Fennimore, Wisconsin; one grandchild; three great-grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and twelve stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and three brothers and four sisters.
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to Mary Jessen for her care of Eila over the past few years.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to Trinity Lutheran Church, the Clinton Humane Society, the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
Death date: Feb. 5, 2013
Eila J. Payson
- Gunnel Maria Lundquist MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Gunnel Maria Lundquist, 96, of Mount Carroll, died Thursday at the Carroll County Good Samaritan Center in Mount Carroll. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Mount Carroll United Methodist Church with the
- Carlyle A. Rickertsen Carlyle A. Rickertsen April 11, 1944 - May 21, 2013 WYOMING, Iowa -- Carlyle A. Rickertsen, 69, of Wyoming formerly of Maquoketa, died Tuesday May 21, 2013 at his home following an extended illness. Friends may call from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- Jean Renner Maquoketa Jean Renner Jean Renner, 78, of Maquoketa, died Friday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Jule E. Luckritz Clinton Jule E. Luckritz Jule E. Luckritz, 73, of Clinton, died Friday at Mercy Living Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Lloyd T. Weigandt Lloyd T. Weigandt Dec. 13, 1926 - May 21, 2013 LANCASTER, Wis. -- Lloyd T. Weigandt, D.C., of Lancaster, WI passed away on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at Lancaster Care Center, Lancaster, WI. Memorial services will be at 11:00 a.m. Friday May 31st at Lancas
- Diana F. Posey PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Diana F. Posey, 54, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, at OSF St. Francis in Peoria, Ill. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the ch
- Vernon K. Stidham Vernon K. Stidham Sept. 1, 1937 - May 23, 2013 ROCK ISLAND, Ill. -- Vernon K. Stidham, 75, of Rock Island, passed away Thursday, May 23, 2013 at his home. Services will be private. A memorial fund has been established for his grandchildren's educati
- Marjorie E. Rowe
- Stan McCrudden
- Richard "Rick" A. Hale
- More Obituaries Headlines