July 28, 1928 - Feb. 17, 2013
John E. Ward, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Sunday, February 17, 2013, at his home. Services will be private. There will be no visitation; the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
John was born July 28, 1928, in Noxie, OK, the son of John J. and Ruby (Hugaboom) Ward. He was educated in the Wann, OK, schools. John was a United States Air Force veteran. He was employed at Interstate Power for 34 years, retiring in 1988. He was a lifetime member of IBEW Local 949.
John married Mary Rose Darsidan in 1955 in Las Vegas, NV.
Survivors include his wife, Rose, of Clinton; sons, Terry L. Ward and John R. Ward of Lawrence, KS; daughters, Paula (Craig) Vulich of Kenosha, WI, and Patti (Brian) Brown of Clinton; grandchildren, Eric Brown of Davenport; Brooke Vulich of Kenosha, WI and Caitlin Vulich of Milwaukee, WI; sister, Beatrice Neill of West Bend, WI, half brothers, Dean Roberts of Shawnee, KS, and Allen (Kathy) Roberts of Bartlesville, OK; half sisters, Zella (Roy) Olson of Porter, Indiana, and Betty Paul of Independence, MO; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, mother, stepfather, sister, half sister and half brother.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 17, 2013
July 28, 1928 - Feb. 17, 2013
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines