Sept. 12, 1948-Aug. 29, 2012
John William Ryan, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away suddenly on Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at his home.
Funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. on Friday, August 31, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements. Pallbearers will be Allen Ryan, Michael Gouty, Michael Powell, Ryan Taylor, Andrew Ryan, Brian Powell, Gary Ryan and Austin Taylor.
John was born September 12, 1948, in Cresco, Iowa, the son of Clarence and Florence (Miller) Ryan. John married Patricia Hayton-Proud on January 9, 1968.
John worked at Central Steele until the plant closed and currently worked at Collis for the past 25 years. He enjoyed working on cars and going to auctions and spending time with his family.
John is survived by his loving wife of 43 years, Pat; two daughters, Patty Taylor of Cedar Rapids, Penny (Bill) Wagoner of Clinton; two sons, Rodney Proud of Clinton, Jack (Jennifer) Ryan of Clinton; twelve grandchildren, Trisha Taylor, Austin (Jess) Taylor, Jenni (Brian) Johnson, Ryan (Amber) Taylor, Brian (Kayleigh) Powell, Michael (Nicole) Powell, Ashley Wagoner, Michael Gouty, Gracie Ramsey, A.J. and Andrew Ryan, Jessika Jones; seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 29, 2012
Sept. 12, 1948-Aug. 29, 2012
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines