April 25, 1933 - Sept. 3, 2012
Bernita “Grandma Jo” McVicker, 79, of Camanche, died Monday, September 3, 2012, at her home in Camanche.
Funeral Services will be 10 a.m. Friday, September 7, 2012, at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Camanche. Burial will be in the Oakland Cemetery, Clinton. Serving as pallbearers will be grandsons, Davy Payson, Matt Birdsley, Nathan Mills, Jeremy Mills, Josh Wyman, and Nolan Hagge. Visitation will be Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
Bernita Joan Frederick was born on April 25, 1933, in Mt. Carroll, Illinois, the daughter of Earl and Emma (Heid) Frederick. She married Olen McVicker on April 2, 1960, in Dubuque, Iowa.
She provided daycare in her home for over 40 years as Grandma Jo Day Care.
Bernita was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church , and the Clinton Moose Lodge.
Bernita enjoyed spending time with her family especially her grandchildren.
Grandma Jo always wanted to be a school teacher and have 100 children of her own. She was blessed with over 140 children given to her care over the last 40 years.
Bernita is survived by her husband: Olen of Camanche; three daughters: Jacque (Alan) Payson of Hackett, Arkansas, Rhonda (Steven) Moeller of Fulton, Vicky (Doug) Mills of Fulton, one son: Bill (Nancy) Hagge of Princeton, Ia; 10 grandchildren, 9 great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, first husband; one daughter, two brothers, and five sisters.
Memorials can be made to Camanche Relay for Life or Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Sept. 3, 2012
April 25, 1933 - Sept. 3, 2012
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines