May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
Madonna Ann Hansen, 84, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at her home on August 11, 2012.
Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 14, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, August 13, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, just west of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, mausoleum. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Madonna was born on May 24, 1928, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Marvin and Bernice (Beecher) Dierks. She was a 1946 graduate of Clinton High School. Madonna married William Vogt, August 1946; she later married John “Louie” Hansen on November 2, 1980.
She was a member of the Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Madonna was an insurance agent for Prudential Insurance for many years. She enjoyed reading, traveling, listening to music and shopping. She loved spending time with her family. Throughout her life she worked at various restaurants as a waitress where she met many of her lifelong friends.
Madonna is survived by four daughters, Carol (Frank) Cincola of Rock Island, Ill., Linda (Patrick) Burke of Wichita Falls, TX, Sharon (James) Pieczynski of Goose Lake, IA, Debra (James) Pope of Thomson, IL; two sons, William (Regina) Vogt of Forest, OH, David (Cheryl) Vogt of Chandler, AZ; 2 stepdaughters, Becky (Dallas) Kissinger of Fond du Lac, WI, Lori Jean (Douglas) Brown of Seffner, FL; one stepdaughter in-law, Esther Hansen-LeGleux of Port Allen LA; one stepson, Kurt (Sherrill) Hansen of Blue Grass, IA; 16 grandchildren, nine stepgrandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; 16 stepgreat-grandchildren; three sisters, Jean Smith of DeWitt IA, Norene Yopst of DeKalb, IL, Susie (Larry) Judd of Clinton, IA; one brother, James (Dalia) Dierks of Glendale CA; and one sister-in-law, Marlene Dierks of Phoenix, AZ.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Louie; one stepson, Mark; and two brothers, Jack and Marvin Dierks.
Memorials can be made to Mercy Home Care and Hospice, 638 South Bluff Blvd., Clinton, IA, 52732 (563-244-3766).
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines