Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
Sharon A. Meyer, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Monday, November 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, November 29, 2012, at the Community Congregational Church. A gathering of family and friends will start at 11:30 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Sharon was born in Clinton on August 26, 1942, the daughter of William P. and Arthera V. (Adams) Bauer. She married Harris Meyer on July 5, 1997, in Clinton. Harris passed away on January 16, 2003.
Sharon had been employed as a beautician at Barb’s Beauty Shop and later as kitchen supervisor at Clinton Retirement Village.
She was a very active member of the Community Congregational Church, as a volunteer, Bible School teacher, Diaconate and Missions group member and member of Church Women United. Sharon was a breast cancer survivor. She enjoyed reading, puzzles, spending time with her grandchildren and being outdoors in her garden.
Sharon is survived by two daughters, Susan (Jeffrey) Huling of Sabula and Sandra Leu of Clinton; four sons, Michael (Dawnna) DeVries of Jonesboro, AR, Mark (Josie) DeVries of Bellevue, Joel (Janine) DeVries of Anamosa and Neil (Angela) DeVries of Burbank, CA; two stepdaughters, Kay (Steve) Leary of Waterloo and Paula (James) Wilson of Castle Rock, CO; three stepsons, Eric (Sara) Meyer of Spring, TX, Clint (Debi) Meyer of Dallas and Neal (Cindy) Meyer of Centralia, MO; 22 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; a sister, Marcia (Joseph) Duval of Clinton; and many nieces, nephews and close friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son, Troy; a grandson, Michael; a great-grandson, Connor; a brother, Kai Bauer; a loving aunt, Wanda Adams; and grandmothers, Ava Adams and Anna Bauer. Memorials may be made to the Community Congregational Church or Breast Cancer Awareness. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 26, 2012
Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines