1916 - 2012
John Robert Detwiler, 96, of Clinton, died Saturday, July 21, 2012, at Mercy Living Center, North.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 26, 2012, at the First United Presbyterian Church, Clinton.
A Rose Croix service will precede the memorial service. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements. Interment will be held at a later date at the Bellerive Cemetery, Creve Coeur, MO.
John was born May 17, 1916, in St. Louis, MO, the son of Robert and Augusta (Boehmer) Detwiler. He was a graduate of Roosevelt High School, St. Louis, MO, and attended North Western University. He married Hortense “Hort” Vollmer on February June 2, 1937, in St. Louis, MO; she died February 26, 2004.
He was employed with the Frisco Railroad for 40 years, retiring in 1976 as assistant controller.
John was a member of the First United Presbyterian Church, the Association of American Railroads where he held several offices, was a member of the Masonic Temple in the St. Louis area for more than 60 years and Scottish Rite Bodies in Joplin, MO. John was very family oriented and loved his job.
He is survived by his daughters, Dianne C. (Jon) DeBruin of Clinton, IA, and Colette (John) Clark of Keokuk, IA; four grandchildren, Eric DeBruin, Erin Hulshizer, Sarah Clark-Huffman and Meg Clark-Rhodes; and five great-grandchildren.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers, two sisters and a great-grandson, Nicholas Hulshizer.
Memorials may be made to First United Presbyterian Church in Clinton or to Mercy Living Center North.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: July 21, 2012
1916 - 2012
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- More Obituaries Headlines