Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
Glatha J. Ostert, 87, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at the Kahl Home in Davenport, Iowa, after a brief illness.
Memorial services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 17, 2012, at the Evangelical Free Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Her grandchildren will serve as honorary pallbearers. Per her wishes the body has been cremated. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Glatha Jean Ostert was born November 20, 1924, in Queen City, Missouri, the daughter of Irvin and Icye (Mulanix) Sidwell and grew up on the family farm. She married Robert E. Ostert on December 13, 1958, in Clinton; he died January 26, 2004. She worked as a bookkeeper for the city of Clinton for a few years and for Nielsen Clearing House for 20 years before retiring. Glatha was a member of Faith Community Church in Maquoketa. She enjoyed being with her family and friends, reading, quilting, researching family history and playing the piano.
Glatha is survived by six daughters and one son, Marilyn (Bill) Heiar of Charlotte, Carolyn (Dave) Livingston of Clinton, John Ostert of Olwein, Rosalie (Dick) Thomas of Davenport, Pamela (Dennis) Naeve of Andover, Cheryl (Eric) Schneck of Burlington, VT, Gwen Ostert (James Martinez) of Maquoketa; 8 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Donald (Kay) Sidwell of Queen City, MO; and nieces and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and a grandson.
Special thanks to the Kahl Home staff, Carmelite Sisters and Genesis Hospice for their loving care during her final days. Memorials can be made to the Kahl Home or Genesis Hospice.
Death date: Nov. 14, 2012
Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- More Obituaries Headlines