May 8, 1927 - July 27, 2012
Mr. Guy John Tunnell, 85, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Friday evening, July 27, 2012 at Eagle Point Health and Rehabilitation Center, Clinton, Iowa.
He was born May 8, 1927 in Mystic, Iowa, to Guy Dudley and Sylvia (Lee) Tunnell. Guy served in the Army during World War II. On September 10, 1949, he was united in marriage to Beatrice Middleton in Milan, Illinois. Guy was employed at Mississippi Engineering, Inc., Grand Mound, Iowa, staring in 1949, and later became a partner in the business from 1971 until his retirement in 1997. Beatrice preceded Guy in death on April 3, 1997.
Guy was a longtime and active member of the Masonic Lodge, for which he served as a district lecturer, and was also active in Eastern Star. He enjoyed cards, golfing, motorcycle endurance racing and spending time with his family. A big part of Guy’s life was spent helping others, which was very important to him.
Surviving are a daughter, Susan Droste of Jesup, Georgia, grandchildren, Jamie Tunnell Bents and her husband, Mike of Oak Park, Illinois; Mike Tunnell of Lakemoor, Illinois; Ashley Droste of Clinton, Iowa, and Lucas Droste of Fulton, Illinois; a great-grandson, Louis Bents; a brother, Joe Tunnell of Sun City West, Arizona; a sister, Judith Miller and her husband, Dennis of Plano, Iowa; a daughter-in-law, Sherrie (Mrs. Allen) Menneke of DeWitt; a sister-in-law, Cozette Tunnell of Washington State; nieces and nephews.
In addition to his wife, Guy was preceded in death by a son, Randy in 2001; brothers, Charles, Glen and Jim and an infant sister.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. Monday, July 30, 2012, with a Masonic Service at 6:30 p.m. A service in celebration of Guy’s life will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, July 31, 2012, in the Funeral Home with Pastor Chuck Kelsey presiding. Burial and military rites will be held at Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
May 8, 1927 - July 27, 2012
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- More Obituaries Headlines