March 5, 1967 - Oct. 2, 2012
Kirk Allen Kempter, age 45, of Camanche, Iowa, previously of Sabula, Iowa, died Tuesday, October 2, 2012, as the result of a motorcycle accident.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Friday, October 5, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula. Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, October 4, at the Calvary Lutheran Church, Sabula. Memorials may be to Kirk’s favorite charitable bike rallys at 5113 600th Avenue, Sabula, Iowa 52070. Condolences and tributes may be shared at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Kirk was born March 5, 1967, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Jack and Sandra (Brundage) Kempter. He is a graduate of East Central High School with the class of 1985. In his school years, Kirk enjoyed High School Rodeo, showing horses, 4-H, playing football and working with livestock. After high school, he worked for Wick Builders, then owned and operated TJK Trucking, hauling granite, limestone and livestock. For the last seven years, Kirk has worked as a brakeman for the Union Pacific Railroad.
Kirk loved the time he spent with family, especially his son, Tyler. He enjoyed motorcycling with his friends and supporting charitable rallys. Cooking for family and friends was a passion he enjoyed. Many friends knew Kirk as “Tator.” He was a member of the Calvary Lutheran Church and the United Transportation Union.
Kirk is survived by his son, Tyler; parents, Jack and Sandra Kempter; his brother, Kevin; and grandmother, Isabelle “Izzy” Brundage, all of Sabula; along with several aunts, uncles and cousins.
Kirk is preceded in death by his maternal grandfather, Bob Brundage, and his paternal grandparents, Jack and Gladys Kempter.
Death date: Oct. 2, 2012
March 5, 1967 - Oct. 2, 2012
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines