Aug. 23, 1938 - Nov. 17, 2012
Margaret “Peg” Carber-Baughman-Roman, 74, of Clinton, died at the home of her daughter on Saturday, November 17, 2012, surrounded by her loving family.
Services will be 5 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Visitation will be from 3 p.m. to the service time Wednesday at the funeral home. Following the services, the body will be cremated. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Margaret Frances Carber was born on August 23, 1938, in Eldridge, Iowa, the daughter of Russell and Lelia (Lebarge) Carber. As a young girl she grew up in the McCausland area before moving to Camanche.
Peg was retired from the Kwik Star on the northend of Clinton after 12 years.
Peg enjoyed life, loving to listen to country music, visiting the casino, playing bingo and dancing. She especially enjoyed spending time with her family.
Peg is survived by three daughters, Ollie Bray of Clinton, Tonya Baughman of Arkansas and Ellen (Brian) Bouchard of Clinton, and a granddaughter that she raised as a daughter, Brigitte Baughman of Clinton; 8 grandchildren, 3 great-grandchildren; four sisters, Reba Anderson, Thelma Ehredt and Pat Hendircks all of Bettendorf and Connie (Dale) Baughman of Wisconsin; and several nieces and nephews.
Peg was preceded in death by her parents; one son, Larry Baughman; and a brother, Larry Carber.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Death date: Nov. 17, 2012
Aug. 23, 1938 - Nov. 17, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines