March 12, 1944 - Nov. 19, 2012
Karen L. Shaw, 68, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Wednesday, November 19, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center, South campus.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, November 24, at Bethel AME Church, Clinton. Visitation will take place 1 hour prior to the funeral service from 1 to 2 p.m. at Bethel AME Church. Private burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Karen was born March 12, 1944, in Dubuque, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Ruth (Johnson) Arnold. She attended Clinton High School. She married Johnie Shaw in 1977; he later passed away on December 7, 2003.
Karen was employed with International Paper for many years. Karen was a faithful member of Bethel AME Church and was a choir member; she loved music. She was an avid bowler and belonged to the 600 Club.
Karen is survived by two sisters, Stephanie Robinson of Palm Coast, FL, Marsha Rode of Palm Coast, FL; one brother, Vinson Culberson of DeWitt, IA; two aunts, Mrs. Meredith Burke of Savanna, IL, and Mrs. Lametta Wynn of Clinton, IA; with many nieces, nephews and lots of cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Memorials can be left to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
March 12, 1944 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines