June 13, 1941 - Dec. 8, 2012
Sylvia B. Bartels, age 71, of Clinton, passed away Saturday Dec. 8, 2012, at her daughter’s home in Clinton.
Funeral services will be held 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Tuesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Kenny Gradert, Dan and Peter Moraetes and Kory VanHorn.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Sylvia was born on June 13, 1941, in Munster, IN, the daughter of Martin and Lorene (Mills) Kriebs. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1959. She worked at the Mercy Medical Center, Clinton, in the cafeteria for many years before retiring. She enjoyed spending time with her twin grandchildren and taking care of her daughter, Christy.
Sylvia is survived by her three children, Dean (Cindy) Bartels of Charlotte, Sheryl (Dan) Moraetes of Bryant and Christy Bartels of Clinton; two twin grandchildren, Samuel and Abbigail; two sisters, Patricia Hudson of Coats, NC, and Judy (Ron) Nissen of Mount Morris, IL; a brother, George (Judy) Townsend of Sun Lakes, AZ; and special friends, Kandy Kane-Gradert, Pat Wenzel, and the cafeteria gang at Mercy Medical.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters and two brothers.
Death date: Dec. 8, 2012
June 13, 1941 - Dec. 8, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines